New Year’s resolutions continued

This quilt was created in 1984-85 when I was teaching Log Cabin variations. The hexagon shape was a challenge because I decided to attempt to bind the uneven edge instead of squareing it off. The label says that I finished it for Brian’s 1st birthday.

There are a lot of polyesters in the mix – particularly the bright yellow centers that were all distorted after lots of washings.

I had tied it with yarn in the centers of each block and quilted in a zig zag fashion across the whole top ( in the ditch).

I pulled this along with 2 others from my pile and decided to radically change things…….. so I took out the yarn, meandered around in a sloppy machine quilting style, and hacked off the edges to make it square and bound it with new navy blue.

Now 25 years later this will be going to Brian’s new baby for a floor quilt and I will have one more thing passed on to have someone enjoy .

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: